During the winter, homeowners heavily rely on their heating systems to keep them comfortable. Anyone experiencing a unit malfunction during this time can attest what a living nightmare it is. Because of this, it is imperative to properly care for your heating unit with preventative maintenance routines. When installed and maintained accordingly, a healthy heating system will provide you the peace of mind you need to relax.
At Priced Right Heating & Cooling, we value your home and comfort. Our team of heating specialists make it their top priority to diagnose and remedy your heater trouble with precision and speed. Count on us for your Prairie Village heating services. We pride ourselves in the high-quality professional service we provide at a reasonable cost.
Read what other Prairie Village homeowners think about us in our customer reviews.
- Provide upfront pricing with every call.
- Have licensed & insured heating technicians.
- Provide financing options.
- Guarantee 100% satisfaction with services.
How long do heaters last?
A heater’s life expectancy varies for numerous factors. Those aspects to consider are the brand of unit, how much usage it undergoes, and how much maintenance it receives.
On average, you can expect heating systems to have lifespans of:
- Heaters: 10 to 15 years.
- Furnaces: 13 to 20 years.
Why should you consider maintenance?
Many homeowners overlook the importance of proper heater maintenance. Neglecting your unit can result in disrupting and costly consequences. Some benefits to consider are:
- Prevents malfunction or breakdowns. Having a tech look into your unit can help you determine if anything needs to be replaced or repaired before it’s too late.
- Find issues before they progress. When our techs investigate your unit, they can locate and diagnose issues that you were unaware of. If any are found, they can resolve it before it becomes severe.
- Extend the unit’s lifespan. Proper maintenance can help boost a unit’s life expectancy by up to 5 years.
What are signs you need to repair vs replace your heater?
It may seem difficult to decipher if your unit is in need of repairs or replacement. Our professional team can thoroughly inspect your unit and provide you with the best course of action to take. You can, however, suspect the need for repairs or replacement if you experience these symptoms:
- Loud or banging noises coming from system.
- Unit emits a foul or odd smell when running.
- Is older than 10 years.
- Higher energy bills.
- Frequent need for repairs.
- Feeling your home dry or dusty.
If you are faced with any of these signs, call our professional team right away. We are here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and provide same day services for your convenience.
Full-Service Heating Solutions
- 24 hour emergency
- Air handler
- Evaporator coil
- Furnace installation & replacement
- Furnace repair & maintenance
- Heater repair & maintenance
- Heater installation & replacement
for Prairie Village, KS
Robert - Prairie Village, KS 66208
Jim is extremely knowledgeable and his expertise is clear. He quickly diagnosed the issue, and fixed it. As a first time homeowner, I had a few questions and he kindly and patiently answered them. He even went a step further and taught me a few other things about my furnace that will help me be prepared for extremely cold temperatures in the future. I cannot recommend this company enough!